Tuesday, 10 August 2010

LOOOOK!!!!!!

It's been a while since I've posted - mainly because I've been feeling a bit poorly again, so it's been difficult to sit to type, but have got some good news for a change...


WE GOT ENGAGED ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!


It's only taken 23 years, but who's counting! I had no idea - thought I was getting a notebook computer to make it easier to keep up with emails and blog posts, and my parcel was that size, but when I opened it up, this is what I saw....



.... and immediately burst into tears! Opened up the little box to find the most beautiful diamond ring. I'm absolutely over the moon - AT LAST I'm going to get to be Mrs K!!



We had a brilliant day, surrounded by family and friends, cake and bubbly. More than made up for having to spend my birthday in hospital, but more of that later...

PS
Wee note to family and friends - please, please no engagement presents. We're both sooo grateful for all your cards and good wishes and they are enough. If you would like to mark the occasion in some way, we'd rather you make a small donation to Camphill Medical Practice Ltd, or CLAN, both of whom have been tremendously helpful to us over the last few weeks. Both can be found on JustGiving.org:

Camphill Medical Practice

CLAN

Thank you!

4 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

oh what an amazing birthday present...I am so happy for you...take care and sending big hugs kath xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela

Me and Ritchie are absolutely delighted with your news. Congratulations to you both. When is the hen night!!

The Taits said...

Congratulations Angela, totally amazing gift and surprise. xxx

Anne said...

Congratulations you two !!!!!!! I'm up for the hen night too
Anne xxxxxxx