It was so bad on Sunday night / Monday morning that I only got about three hours sleep and was up ironing at 3.30 am, just for something to do to take my mind off it a bit. Was just about in tears by morning, but luckily there's always a solution for everything. I saw angel nurse Linda after my radiotherapy who took advice from the tissue viability team, and I now have anti-histamines, a new gel and a cooling dressing for emergencies! The gel definitely seems to work, but the only problem is that it has to be applied an eighth of an inch thick, so it is REALLY messy! The two options are to apply it direct to the skin and go commando so the air can get to everything, which definitely feels better but means that your clothes get clarted, or (and apologies to the boys for this one!) apply in a layer on a sanitary towel and risk the resulting friction. At this point Dave is reading over my shoulder and feeling a bit queasy himself. He thinks maybe you don't need quite this level of detail, but I DID say you were going to get it all!
Anyway, a combination of both seems to be in order depending on the situation!
On a lighter note I've finished another of my stitching samples and got it into my book - again, it doesn't all fit onto the scanner. This is the one I was doing the day I was in hospital for my Examination Under Anaesthetic, which caused everyone so much amusement. At least they were taking an interest I suppose. I quite enjoyed this as it was easy to transport - small and with only a couple of threads and easy stitches, so passed the time without having to concentrate too much.

No comments:
Post a Comment